The Charming Republic of Mauritius
Located some 2000 km off the Southeast coast of Africa, Mauritius is a picturesque group of islands that you should definitely visit at least once in your lifetime. Mauritius has no specific culture or language. Packed with a multilingual and multicultural population, Mauritius has a colorful spread of traditions, cuisines, and hobbies that you should experience. If you’re a wildlife enthusiast, you’ll be excited to learn that this island is home to some of the world’s most rare flora and fauna species such as that of flightless birds and large reptiles. Mauritius was also the primary home to the dodo, which became extinct as a result of human activity. You could stay at a Boutique Hotel in Mauritius and conveniently explore everything that the city has to offer.
Top 7 Results for Boutique Hotels in Mauritius
Getting to Mauritius
- If you’re flying from the UK, there are two non-stop flights to Mauritius from London operated by the British Airways and Air Mauritius. However, you could also opt to take a non-direct flight run by Emirates through Dubai.
- When flying from the US to Mauritius, you could take the Emirates, KLM, Air France or Britsh Airways to reach Mauritius directly with no stopovers.
- From the UAE, you there are flights to Mauritius operated by Emirates, Audia, Air Seychelles, and Kenya Airways which fly directly from Dubai to Mauritius with no connecting flights.
Getting around MauritiusIf you’re looking for the most economical way to explore Mauritius, it’s to stay in a boutique hotel and move around using the public bus service. Mauritius has the best bus network that’s very affordable. If you don’t want to walk around too much, you could opt for a taxi or bike/motorcycle. If you’re looking for some adventure, you can try a helicopter, boat or take the rail system in Mauritius. The most convenient way to move around in Mauritius is probably using a rental car. If you are too tired to drive, you could hire a driver/tour guide who can take you to the best tourist attractions and places.
Must-visit places in MauritiusMauritius is packed with the beaches and is a paradise for those who love to surf, sand or sun. Here’s a list of the tourist spots that you must definitely visit while at Mauritius.
- Trou Aux Biches - If you fancy swimming in the sea and snorkeling, Trou Aux Biches is the place for you to visit.
- Belle Mare Plage - The Belle Mare Plage is the perfect place to try adventurous swimming against the currents. It’s also the perfect place to experience a scenic sunrise.
- Ile Aux Serfs - One of the most relaxing places in Mauritius, the Ile Aux Serfs has lagoons and nice, cozy spots to chill and enjoy your surroundings.
- Pereybere - With stunning corals and other marine life, Pereybere is the perfect place in Mauritius to do diving.