Malta – A Mediterranean Gem
Malta is an island in the Mediterranean Sea and in one of three inhabited islands in the archipelago. The island is small but bustling with life and has lots to see. The rich history of Malta has left an indelible mark and everywhere you go, you can see remnants of past eras. Ancient Neolithic structures dating back to the 4th millennium BC can still be found on the island.
Book yourself a boutique hotel in Malta and stay a few days to fully experience this one-of-a-kind land. Whether you want to relax by the clear blue sea or explore the ancient ruins, you can find something of interest in Malta. The Romans, Greeks, Moors, Crusaders, French and British have all played ruler to this land at some point in history and the multi-cultural influences are alive and well today.
Top 7 Results for Boutique Hotels in Malta
Getting to Malta
- Several airlines like Air Malta, United, SWISS, Turkish Airlines and Lufthansa have connecting flights from major US cities to Malta.
- EasyJet, Air Malta, Ryanair and British Airways all have direct flights between London and Malta. Air Malta also has direct flights from Paris, Catania, Rome and Brussels. Ryanair also has direct flights from some European cities to Malta.
- Turkish Airlines flies direct between Istanbul and Malta. Air Malta flies direct from Tel Aviv. Gulf Air, Lufthansa, Emirates and Alitalia all have connecting flights from different cities in Asia to Malta.
- Many Australian cities have connecting flights to Malta via airlines like Lufthansa, Turkish Airline, Qatar Airways, SWISS, KLM and Air France.
Getting around MaltaMalta is a small island and once you’ve settled into your Mata boutique hotel you are all set to make your way around the place. When you don’t want to walk, you can always take the public bus system that will get you to all the major tourists spots on the island. If you want to be more flexible you can rent a car, scooter, motorcycle or bicycle to get around. There is also a water taxi and ferry to get you to the neighbouring island of Gozo.
- Saint John’s Co-Cathedral
- Blue Lagoon
- Blue Grotto
- Mdina Old City
- Gozo and Comino Islands day cruise
- Malta National Aquarium
- Fort Rinella
- Tour of Valetta
- Tour of Mosta
- Tour of the Game of Thrones filming locations