Fiji – The Pacific’s Underrated Island Vacation Destination
A majority of Fiji’s 330 islands were formed due to volcanic activity in the past. To date, some geothermal activity continues to persist on Fiji’s Vanua Levu and Taveuni islands. From forests to beaches and mountains, Fiji has diverse geography that makes the island unbelievably beautiful to witness in person. If you’re an adventure seeker, Fiji has water sports such as scuba diving and thrilling treks for you to experience. When visiting the nation, you could choose a Boutique Hotel in Fiji to stay at and then plan the most optimised way to experience everything that the Pacific archipelago has to offer.
Top 7 Results for Boutique Hotels in Fiji
Getting to Fiji
- When travelling from London or the UK to Fiji, you can catch non-stop flights run by easyJet, Eurostar or Vueling. You could also catch connecting flights that stop at Hong Kong, Dubai or Los Angeles.
- There are no direct flights from America to Fiji. You could catch connecting flights to Labasa or Nadi run by Alaska and Fiji Airways. The flights are anywhere between 30 and 50 hours long.
- From Sydney, there are direct flights to Fiji operated by Jetstar, Virgin Australia and Fiji Airways. These flights take anywhere between three and five hours.
- Korean Air, Cathay Pacific and Hong Kong Air operate flights between Japan and Fiji.
Getting around FijiFiji has a robust public transport network, which gives tourists multiple options to get around the nation. Fiji has domestic flights, buses, taxis and even ferries. You could stay in a Boutique Hotel in Fiji and plan how to cover different attractions around the group of islands. When travelling between islands, ferries are the most convenient, unless the islands are far apart. You could rent cars to drive around Fiji, but the roads in some places are dangerous. So, this option is not recommended if you are a beginner and don’t have much experience driving in different types of terrain.
Must-have experiences in Fiji
- Once you land on Fiji’s biggest island, Viti Levu, you can explore cities such as Nadi and Suva. From the Nadi International Airport, take a ride to the Sabeto range’s foothills, wherein you can experience the Garden of the Sleeping Giant, a botanic marvel.
- Try the Indo-Fijian fish curry and spiced rotis. Also, soak up Fiji’s multicultural environment by visiting temples such as the Sir Siva Subramaniya Swami Temple.
- Fiji also has the infamous Monuriki island, made famous by Tom Hanks’ Castaway movie. You can also take a helicopter tour of the Mamanuca islands, which are visually incredible.
- At Bega Island and lagoon, you can see fire-walking, corals and rare marine species such as blue ribbon eels, ghost pipefish, seahorses and pelagics.